What is this site?
On this site you can check and compare the ratings for different anime, but all the scores are 100% made by redditors. Some fancy scripts check the user flairs from everyone who commented on /r/anime in the past week.
This site is not meant as a replacement for MAL. It's merely an easy way to show the data in an organized way.
How are the scores calculated?
Just like they are calculated on MAL.
Since there are around 1000 times more users on MAL than here, a few things had to be adjusted: The minimum amount of users required to get a calculated score is 10 instead of 50. And the number in the formula that pushes the scores closer to the overall-average for a lower number of users is 2 (it is same number as the minimum on MAL, so 50 there). Simply dividing the numbers by 1000 doesn't work and by keeping them as they are a lot of shows don't get a score, so this appears to be the best solution.
What does "Active Users" mean?
An Active User is a User who commented on /r/anime in the previous week before the last update.
Why is the MAL-Average different between the All-Time-View and Weekly-View?
The database only contains shows which were watched by at least 1 user. Since there are fewer users in the Weekly-View the average will often be higher, because the amount of obscure shows is lower.
When does the site update?
Every monday! The script starts at sunday and finishes sometime on monday.
Why are some Usernames written in bold?
Users who supported the site on its launch by donating got this special treatment.
Who is your waifu?
- Drastically lowered load times of anime pages.
- Some design changes to be more similar to MAL.
- The anime table on the search page can be sorted now.
- Some minor usabiliy changes.
- Added favourite characters to the site
- Restructured the database. Load times are way faster now.
- The site is not down anymore when it is updating.
- Added a button to show only seasonal anime.
- Added a "Score over time" chart to the anime page.
- You can now use synonyms to search for anime! (e.g. "The Tatami Galaxy" instead of "Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei")
- User site now shows the last scan a user was found in. In other words: The last time he commented on reddit.
- Anime with special charaters like " in the title are now working correctly.
- Fixed the Difference-Colors.
- Lots of bugfixes and other improvements
- First version of the site is online.